Filming the band playing live can provide you with great footage for a video. Filming the band at a gig will mean you'll be able to capture the bands live energy and their interaction with the audience. They are some difficulties, however:
- They'll only play the song you've making the video for once so you'll only have one chance of capturing the right footage
- The live version may differ considerable from the recorded version so syncing the footage with the track could be problematic
- The band's, and particularly the audience's, movements won't be choreographed, so you, or your camera person, won't know where to be to capture the right shots
- The lighting and effects may look great to the audience but may not look great to the camera
- Your filming may interrupt the bands performance.