Understanding Contracts and Copyrights
By Heather McDonald, About.com Guide
Music Industry Contracts
Make sure you understand that contract before you sign on the dotted line... your success may depend on it.
- How to Spot a Bad Music Deal
- Understand Music Business Terminology
- What is a Band Member Contract?
- Before You Sign a Music Manager Contract
- Before You Sign a Music Promoter Contract
- Before You Sign a Music Producer Contract
- Before You Sign a 360 Deal
- Indie Label Contracts
- Hire a Music Lawyer
Make sure you understand your right to royalties and how you make money off your music.
- Mechanical Royalties
- Performing Rights Royalties
- Performing Rights Groups
- What's the Deal with the Internet Royalty Rate Debate?
- What are Royalty Reserves?
Understanding Trademarks and Copyrights
Your band or label is a trademark with an image, and you need to make sure you protect that image. You also need to make sure your protect the ownership of your music.