Who has the best record label around? Share your favorite record label(s) - and of course, why you love them - right here. Defunct labels or operational labels - they're all fair games. Let us know which labels made you fall in love with music or whose logos you hope to see on your releases some day.Share Your Answer
- Ties with 4AD. All of the Felt album art was amazing (except ignite 7 cannons) and the bubblegum perfume sampers.....
- —Guest guest who
- Just because its a noncommercial label from a great artist who only releases high quality records and because you can fully prehear every song on the website.
- —Guest Boble Yivrf
- liked them becuase they always help the lower bands get big without takeing them mainstream like avenge sevenfold and many other big hardcore bands
- —Guest xxf
- Shady aftamath is their major label which making good sounds.
- —Guest Athi
- 4AD. Hands down. They were (are?) the real deal. Great music and great packaging. Why does no one else follow their models?
- —Guest Martin Brown
Yep Roc Rocks
- Yep Roc has been my favorite labels for years. It's home to some of my music heroes including John Doe, Dave Alvin, Robyn Hitchcock, Paul Weller, Nick Lowe, The Reverend Horton Heat, Southern Culture on the Skids, etc. etc.
- Erasure, Yazoo, Depeche Mode, Goldfrapp, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, some of my favourite artists in the same place. They may not shell out enough for their artists sometimes but I think they still do well by them.
- —Guest Synoiz
- I usually follow labels that specialize in particular genres. One of my favorite is Burning Shed who specialize in Singer-Songwriter, Progressive, Ambient/Electronica and Art Rock music. In the same vein is Kscope and Inside Out Music for Progressive Metal and Rock. For Classical Music, I like Naxos, Chandos, Harmonia-Mundi, Hyperion and Dorian.
- —Guest Riley
- R.I.P. Enjoy Records - best label. Underrated. Never been another like it.
- —Guest Raheem
- I like the labels on your list like Postcard, but I am also a big Slumberland Records fan. Any one else?
- —Guest Susan R