From the article: Playing Live 101
Do your knees start knocking when the stage lights come on? Stage fright is common in the music industry, but for some, it is debilitating. In fact, fear of performing live can stop you in your tracks. Have you dealt with stage fright before a concert? Share your stories of coping with stage fright in the music industry. How do you cope with your fear? Are you still struggling to figure it all out? Share your strategies and stories or get some advice from your fellow musicians. Share Your Stories
- My stage fright always makes me sweat on a hands and it gets really hard to play guitar when your fingers slip on strings 'cause of sweat.
- —Guest GuitarPlayer031
- I don't usually get stage fright much only when were playing a set and my band mates just puts the spotlight on me and expects me to improvise on the spot I go on and do it anyways but my heart starts going 100 mph
- For some reason I always choke on tha mic For some reason seeing all the people waiting for me on stage always make me nervous,i can't stay focus and I lose my flow,sometimes I even forgot the lyrics..the only problem is that and u got a career.
- —Guest Rickster
never had stage fright before
- i've never had stage fright. been singing since i was 5. now that i want to pursue it as a career. my nerves are bad when i sing and my voice cracks. any advice out there? somebody please help!
- —Guest angelia
- I get this shacky feeling when ever am about to do a show but when I get in the lights I just go an when am doe it seems strange that I lost my fear the minute the beat came on. Its all crazy to me.
- —Guest tuch