From the article: Find Music Distribution
Online music distribution has changed the music industry, but which digital distributors are the best for musicians and labels? Weigh in here with your picks for best digital music distribution sites. Which sites pay the most? Which sites don't pay when they say they will? Let your fellow musicians know about the digital distribution sites thay have given you the best results. Share Your Favorite
- I switched to Mondo Tunes and their services kicks ass. Once I signed on the only issue I had was the reporting but they now have monthly reporting. In my opinion that now puts them above the rest. I'm an artist using their services and have no other affiliation with the company. Just wanted to share my opinion!
- —Guest Breckon
- i took my music off of everything else but HIFIVEMUSIC. Its a new way to distribute your music that i actually make money on. Fans set up profiles and subscribe to me for $2.99 annually. This gives them everything I've put on the site (in the past) and everything i come out with for the next year I take $2.00 on every sale (if i have 5000 subscriptions i make $10,000). It was free to sign up and no fees. And The site is just fun. Best part is they checked the quality of my engineering (for free) before my music was allowed on there. They are new and The best. Already making money.
- —Guest ike
my 2 songs laiyan and akh naal vaja
- Dear Sir/Madam, Attached plz find the latest single "Laiyan" by Nadeem Khokhar. and other song Akh Naal Vaja tere akh nee. https://soundcloud.com/simplybhangra-music/laiyan-nadeem-khokhar https://soundcloud.com/simplybhangra-music/nadeem-khokhar-feat-ding-dong?in=nadeem-khokher35/sets/akh-naal-vaja I would highly appreciate if you could put it on your /site. Thanks Regards! Nadeem khokhar
- —Guest nadeem khokhar
- do u know about song cast i just want to sign with them advice me please they want me to pay 5d monthly fee and once of fee 9d
- —Guest mrprice
Accounting Tool Coming in May
- Just wanted to say that Mondotunes has added an accounting tool to there website and will be doing monthly reports . I believe the reports will be starting in May 2013 . This is very good news to me . So far there service has been excellent for me. Also ,if anyone is wondering I do not work for them . I am an Independent artist who is glad I used them for distribution for my first album. I intend to use them again when I get finished with the second album.
- —Guest Mondotunes User
IndiGoBoom.com friendly fast
- These guys have a massive distribution footprint and great customer support with a live chat that is almost always open to answer questions. Friendly and reasonable. No matter how much music you need to distribute, there is no added cost per store or per album the way you often see with other services I have tried.
- —Guest Dennis
Best Distribution Hands Down
- SoSouth Digital Distribution They handle major artist and right now if you contact them via phone or email, there is no fee except 15% on back end. Good for me because I have a lot of music! Same company that runs SoSouth.com monthly statements. And 140+ stores and ringtone and videos
- —Guest Daniel P
best digital distribution
- sweet-n-low.de have been distributing my label operating system for many years now,i always get a response back to any questions and find the guys there to be very professional, they are also offering management services and web design now aswell
- —Guest simon
- i've dealt with my fair share of distributors for my label. so far the best i have experienced were www.catapultdistribution.com & www.onerpm.com . both fairly affordable and are one time fees. catapult distributes to a huge selection of stores and distributes your project into any new stores they deal with automatically. only downfall is nthat they do not provide upcs for free tho you can purchase it from them. onerpm on the other hand has all of the major stores, which you can select individually(ala tunecore) or pay a low price for all stores. it is individually owned and operated, in fact the ceo of tunecore actually dropped in on my artist's album release party. those are the 2 best ive experience so far. i am about to check out mondotunes. and i am looking into www.routenote.com
- —Guest bbu-labelhead
Acconting tool needed
- I totally agree with other commentors that Mondotunes needs an accounting tool on their website. They offer a great service for independent musicians. I would be happier if I could check how my album is doing. It would give me a little bit of an idea of how my own promoting is working .
- —Guest Mondotunes User
Red Nine Music
- Red Nine Music is good, I used them for 2 albums. They have the same outlets as the Orchard it looks like. They didnt take any type of upfront fees or costs. They took 15% of sales but did encoding for free and assigned UPCs for free. It took them 2 weeks and they sent me a delivery report and links. Overall pretty good experience. http://www.redninemusic.com
- —Guest Cory Anderson
DO NOT USE BLOOD RUSH DIGITAL
- Blood Rush is horrible. They do not ask for a label or copyright info on their form, and then proceed to put their own. Six weeks later after I immediately informed them of their error, they still have not fixed it and quote from their response "So please do not blame this on us." what kind of customer service is that? Horrible decision to use Blood Rush. Go with a company that actually is willing to help you.
- —Guest ramseybob
- yup, good call. Mondo does provide detailed quarterly reports in the same manner that major label artists receive reports. I've used Cdbaby as well and Mondo's reports are much more detailed because I believe they're affiliated with Interscope/umg. They don't provide accounting trend reports, youre right. Although I've heard only itunes does so its not what your sales end up being once you do receive reports.
- —Guest J Sanders
Blood Rush Digital = Best Deal
- So far i've been suing www.bloodrushdigital.com they send my music to over 100 stores for 14.99 only. They have the best customer support i've ever seen on the net. Tunecore and big companies like those are only here to take your money but Blood Rush Digital is actually here to help independent artist which is what i have been looking for. I recommend you trying them out, if you don't i at least recommend you staying away from Tunecore, CD Baby ect.
- —Guest Jason Cooper
- Mondotunes does not have an accounting tool on their webpage so artists don't know how much they sell. Tunecore is great but they are very expensive now.For me they are the best. CDbaby is awesome for unsure artists. Until Mondotunes with all 750 stores has an accounting tool on their webpage,tunecore will still be the most secured.
- —Guest Magnia
1-15 of 38Next