There seems to be more social networking sites for musicians springing up every day, but which ones are worth your time? Share your success stories about promoting music on social networking sites and see what sites have turned in great results for your fellow musicians. Here are some suggestions to get you going, but feel free to share your own ideas!:
- Sound Swift is new and helps promote up and coming artists as well as artists returning to the scenes.
- —Guest Chris
- Soundcloud.com is a great free site that lets you create an account, follow others, upload music(2 hours for a free account or more for a paid one), like others songs, repost songs, comment on songs, message others, make sets, join groups and share songs on Facebook/twitter/google for free. I've been using it for about 4 or 5 months and I've gotten over 1000 legitimate followers including other musicians record labels and promotion companies. This isn't any sort of scam because about half of my followers I know personally but the rest are people from around the world. This is a great site for new musicians.
- —Guest Alien dubstep
www.aampp.net - saved my music career
- As an artist I can tell you first hand that getting into the music industry is frustrating. I am a former user of Reverbnation and was very disappointed with their service. After realizing the deceptive tactics they use to get money out of artists pockets I dropped them. I was disgusted to realize that I had no fan base after trying to put on a local show and to my surprise no one showed up. Reverbnation had me under the impression that I had over 5000 fans because they were adding all of my FB likes, OLD Mysace friends, and my few twitter followers to my account leading me to believe I had a growing fan base. Someone told me about these tactics with Reverb and when I found them to be true I dropped them. I found AAMPP on Ask actually and signed up for a free account. Although I feel like im starting over I feel more comfortable with this site. Its very small right now but I can see it growing. If your an artist check them out and please come and check me out. www.aampp.net/shae
- —Guest Shae
- I have been scouring the internet of late to see whats new in the music tech space. I have read and visited most of the sites pertaining to this topic. I recently ran across www.aampp.net which I feel is going to be a major player in the race for supremacy. I was reluctant at first to create an account due to the landing page not showing anything other than a picture and a description but it made me curious at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised once I signed up for a fan account however. The folks over there have managed to create what I feel is the simplest and cleanest looking site of all the ones mentioned. Navigating was very easy and they just have a very familiar feel of a cross between Facebook and Twitter in a very tasteful way. I have since shared the site with a few friends since im not a musician. Here is a sample user profile im following: www.aampp.net/tylernoel. I would recommend any serious musician to go check it out and see what you think.
- —Guest Mark Amerson
- AAMPP (pronounced “amp”) is a new social music network focused around giving up-and-coming artists, musicians, producers and other music professionals the ability to share their creations with the world. They are in public beta
- —Guest lasher6669
- Considered an alternative to Facebook and Twitter by many, TalentCom Media allows it's members to share Youtube Videos, Photos, Status, Links, Site Content, Events, Blog and Forum Posts and much more on Twitter and Facebook direct from the one social network. Creating an account couldn't be easier. Sign into your Twitter, Linkedin or Facebook account or your existing email to join. Members can also use these methods to sign in. Member following and direct messaging, group membership and chat room are just a few other features the social network has to offer its members and guests. Membership is open to anyone within the entertainment industry but must be at least 13 years of age. Membership includes actors, musicians, children's entertainers, magicians, street performers, balloon artists, lookalikes and casting directors. Never publish directly on Twitter and Facebook ever again. Publish on three social networks at the same time and from the Same social network. And it's Free
- —Guest David
Jembler.com for musicians only
- Dear sir/madam www.jembler.com is a great for musicians! Its a new site but we must give this a change I think. Hope you like it too. Kind regards, Stefan The Netherlands
- —Guest Stefan
- imusicFX.com is a new social music network that provides a platform for indie Artists. Its free to join & share music, videos & much more. you can also join as DJ, Promoter, Business or Music Professional
- —Guest MT
New Social Network for Musicians
- I found a launch notification of a new network for musicians. www.tonition.com
- —Guest Jazzismylife
www.songdew.com is the best
- www.songdew.com is recently launched but it is delight to see the same. They have created a simple and easy to use dashboard and focus is on doing both online and offline promotion. And unlike reverbnation/ soundcloud as of now all features are free. Worth a try
- —Guest andrew
Favorite Social Network Site
- Reverb Nation is one of favorite. equipped with everything you need for musicians and artists. Including a press kit.
- —Guest Alexia
The Hook-up for New Artists
- I found that the best site for setting up your Music Store to Be Reverbnation, for an idea about how to set up an effective page, visit my site at www.reverbnation.com/richyoungfly. there you will see an example of how you can customize your page to attract Attention. For websites, Sitespinner.com lets you set up a working website and for a lil cash, you should be able to set up a decent website for your band. Check back, as I find sites, I will Update.
- Backstagevibe.com is a brand new and truly innovate social music site that allows artists to collaborate, create, sell, and connect with other artists, promoters, and producers. Fans are also invited to become members of the site and can communicate with other fans and artists as well as buy music and merchandise directly on the site. The platform makes it easy to pull from other sites artists are currently utilizing to create their profile and populate their store. Anyone can join, everyone can connect, all will Vibe!
- this station gives artist a chance to really get there music heard on ituneas radio and more and have a real dj staff that service new music.
www.songdew.com is the most promising
- www.songdew.com is by far the mist promising site. It has fantastic features and all of them are free. you can publish , seell and promote your music usingt some interesting tools. Go for this !!!
- —Guest andrew